multiMAN combines Open Manager, mmOS File Manager and AVCHD for an all in one solution. It allows users to run backups, watch AVCHD videos and manage there files. Formerly known as AVCHD and Game Manager, it is now being called multiMAN. The word multi is essential to this manager due to it's multifunctional tools. multiMAN does more then just backup games to your PS3.
DEX versions are for 4.00-4.30 DEX [using Rebug lv2 Kernel DEX]. On 3.55DEX CFW and all others CFW use the CEX version of multiMAN.
multiMAN 04.40.00 (06-02-2013):
* New server for covers/themes/webcolumn/game-updates
multiMAN 04.40.00 (05-03-2013):
* Updated Showtime for mM to 04.03.211
* Updated PS1 Emulator (ps1_emu.self) to 4.41 (it will be used on 4.40 and 4.41 CFWs)
* Updated PS1_NET Emulator (ps1_netemu.self) to 4.41 (it will be used on 4.40 and 4.41 CFWs)
Now mM will use ps1_emu/ps1_netemu from 4.41OFW (patched of course) when launching PS1 ISO/BIN+CUE backups if your PS3 is running 4.40CFW/4.41CFW. I didn't change the mM version, but if you wish better PS1 backups compatibility and newer Showtime - update to this BASE version.
You can install this version either from scratch or update any installed mM version.
multiMAN 04.40.00 (05-02-2013):
* Added support for 4.41 CFW
All specific features (like BD Movie region Change, BD-Mirror, DYNAREC, PS1 BIN+ISO backups, PS2 Classics, discless, etc) work.
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE CEX (20130502).pkg (37MB)
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE DEX (20130502).pkg (32MB)
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE STEALTH (20130502).zip (35MB)
multiMAN 04.30.00 (03-31-2013) [Test Update]:
* Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usb***/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
* Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
* Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
* Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (source code provided in the ps2classics.rar below)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)
4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is not updated with this test build.
Changes in ps2classic source code:
* Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
* Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
* Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
* Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
multiMAN 04.30.00 (03-24-2013):
You need "PS2 Classics Placeholder" (by CaptainCPS-X) installed [and activated] and your ps2 classics in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO as subfolders. If you don't have memory-cards, mM will create them for you under SAVEDATA subfolder in the game folder.
Use the following structure format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game (simple naming format - no cover download)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded covers)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
or even better, the recommended format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003 (mM will use the gameID and will download the cover if available)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded cover)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
Basically you only need the ISO.BIN.ENC and nothing else:
and mM will show "MyPS2Classic" disc icon in the RETRO column. If you name your folder with the game-id, mM will download the cover. If you put "COVER.JPG" next to the iso, mM will use it instead. That's it.
multiMAN 04.20.04 (03-21-2013):
* Added full support for 4.40CFW
multiMAN 04.20.04 (03-09-2013):
* Improved discless compatibility (even more) on 3.55/4.21/4.30CEX firmwares
* A BD-DISC icon with [PlayStation(R)3] text will appear in XMB to replace /app_home/PS3_GAME entry
* Tested few games, which didn't work discless before and now work just fine (like LEGO:Indiana Jones, LBP2 and others)
* Upon launch mM will try to restore default LV2 environment by resetting syscalls 35, 36, 37, 141, 142, 600, 604 (this should fix problems when mM is launched after Iris)
multiMAN 04.20.03 (03-03-2013):
* Added support for 4.30DEX CFW (REBUG) (TBA)
* Added support for PS1 BIN+CUE (using ps1_emu/netemu) for 3.55DEX, 4.21DEX and 4.30DEX
* Added DynaRec support: New option in Settings "Enable DYNAREC"
* DYNAREC support for 3.55CEX/DEX, 4.21CEX/DEX, 4.30CEX/DEX, 4.31CEX
DYNAREC support tested on 4.21REX and 4.30ROGERO with ps3sx_Beta.pkg which is enough to assume that the implementation is proper. Thanks to Ing. Pereira for the htab info and PeteUK for the testing. All offsets can be found in my source below so Ing. Pereira can port his app for other firmwares, too. Also there is an easier way to detect all CFW firmwares.
* When using /net_host to load PS3 games via mmDM+ProDG - the scan/refresh is greatly improved. I'll appreciate feedback on that.
* There is a new option in "Settings" - "Expand Contents of XMMB media columns (net_host)" - default is "No". When disabled, mM will only scan for PS3 games in FOLDER FORMAT from the remote hosts. It will not scan for DVD/BD iso files or other non-game content.
Requires 04.20.00 BASE or FULL installed (everyone who updated online to 04.20.00 already got the 04.20.00 BASE).
* Added support for lastGAME5 for loading PS1 backups from the "Load Last Title" icon on XMB
* Added support for Emulator-grouping selection in the SIDE menu in RETRO column
* Fixed mM last-state-save when loading "bd-mirror"/"ext. game data" games
* The improved discless compatibility now allows for skipping mandatory gamedata install for some games
* Introducing the new mM payload which makes mM independent and easy to port for various firmwares
* Supports only 3.55 CEX/DEX, 4.21 CEX/DEX, 4.30 CEX, 4.31 CEX
* BD-ROM Emulator option in Settings can be set to "Enable / Disable" - no more "Hermes"/"Standard"
* Compatibility-wise it is better than "Standard" and "Hermes".
* This payload overwrites 252 bytes of strings in LV2 memory (and not 4000 bytes of code like other payloads), it doesn't use syscalls and doesn't rely on firmware functions, executes fast and improves performance
* Added option in settings "Redirect /app_home":
--- Disable (/app_home will not be mounted at all)
--- Enable (/app_home as used in previous versions - points to the game - for disc-less)
--- Toolbox (on Rogero firmwares with pre-installed toolbox if you play from discs only - it allows you to return to stealthMAN without restart)
* For 3.55DEX and 4.21DEX mM now supports split-games, adds better disc-less compatibility and also allows loading of PS1 backups in BIN+CUE format from internal/external.
* IMPROVED DISC-LESS COMPATIBILITY:
The new payload allows for some tweaks and there is 80% chance that games that didn't work disc-less will now work.