multiMAN combines Open Manager, mmOS File Manager and AVCHD for an all in one solution. It allows users to run backups, watch AVCHD videos and manage there files. Formerly known as AVCHD and Game Manager, it is now being called multiMAN. The word multi is essential to this manager due to it's multifunctional tools. multiMAN does more then just backup games to your PS3.
It is aimed to cover all configurations for better compatibility. This one will utilize the "USB Patch" option in "Settings" (used back in 3.41) and will affect the way BD-Mirror option is applied and when AIOMOD is used. The actual change is only with point 4) when both options are enabled.
COBRA firmwares (only affects games on external USB HDD):
1) [-] BD-Mirror | [-] USB Patch (Both options disabled) - mmCM will act the same as before (all versions up to 04.66.02)
2) [X] BD-Mirror | [-] USB Patch (Only BD-Mirror selected) - (no effect) Same as before
3) [-] BD-Mirror | [X] USB Patch (Only USB patch selected) - (no effect) Same as before
4) [X] BD-Mirror | [X] USB Patch (Both options enabled) - mM will use the old bd-mirror method (moving /PS3_GAME to the root of the USB HDD)
1) [-] BD-Mirror | [-] USB Patch (Both options disabled) - multiMAN will act the same as before (all versions up to 04.66.02)
2) [X] BD-Mirror | [-] USB Patch (Only BD-Mirror selected) - Same as before (AIOMOD.BIN is used for USB games and libfs.sprx is used for internal HDD games)
3) [-] BD-Mirror | [X] USB Patch (Only USB patch selected) - (no effect) Same as before
4) [X] BD-Mirror | [X] USB Patch (Both options enabled) - AIOMOD.BIN is not used. mM will use the old bd-mirror method for USB games (moving /PS3_GAME to the root of the USB HDD) and libfs.sprx is used for internal HDD games)
This will make mM fully compatible with older and newer cobra/non-cobra firmwares, providing all possible options for all games/environments. By using option 4) on standard firmwares the user won't have to manually delete/rename AIOMOD.BIN, because it is needed by some games and other require the plain old bd-mirror method.
For example, to make the "Mordor" game work on Cobra from external USB HDD you will need option 4) enabled (both BD-Mirror and USB Patch options enabled for the game in settings).
After you update to 04.66.04 nothing should change for most of you. If you experience issues with some external USB HDD games - try options 2) and 4). When reporting problems, please make sure that you load multiMAN/mmCM after CLEAN REBOOT and do not use other apps/patches before launching the game. If you use any app that disables syscalls/psn patchers/etc - I cannot guarantee anything.
multiMAN 04.66.03 (20141122)
* Added "BD-Mirror" on Cobra firmwares for external FAT32 USB HDD games
* Fixed black-screen-games issues for newer games (external HDD only)
* Updated libfs.sprx and explorer_plugin.sprx (for better discless support)
The updated explore_plugin.sprx (IEXP0_460.BIN in USRDIR/sys) adds proper discless support (for launching games from /app_home) to multiMAN for CFWs 4.60, 4.65 and 4.66.
multiMAN 04.66.02 (20141120)
* Added Support for 4.66 CEX CFW
* Added Support for 4.65 DEX CFW
* Added Spoof for 4.66 for older Cobra firmwares (do no use with Habib 4.65)
* Fixed some wrong memory offsets for non-cobra firmware
* Includes Showtime 4.7.494
multiMAN 04.65.02 (20141116)
* Added support for 4.65 CEX CFW
* Added support for Direct-Disc-Access for 4.65 CEX CFW
You should be now able to access all types of optical discs, that includes PS1 game discs, PS2 discs (to backup/convert to "classics"), AVCHD discs (for playback in Showtime) or Blu-ray (to backup and later decrypt on a PC), including any DATA CD/DVD with music/movies.
* Added support for 4.55CFW (tested by Habib)
* Added 4.55 spoof option to mmCM (do not use on non 4.46CFW)
* Fixed downloading files from sendspace from the WEB column
* Showtime 04.05.087 is included
* Names of local PS3 games in ISO format are properly displayed (from PARAM.SFO)
* Names of network and NTFS PS3 games in ISO format are properly displayed (from PARAM.SFO) after you load them at least once
* PS3 ISO games from NTFS drives will now show background and cover (if loaded at least once)
* Added support for checking for game updates for network and NTFS PS3 games in ISO format
* Last loaded game/video (no network/ntfs) will be passed to webMAN for auto-load at next system start (making lastGAME almost obsolete)
* While scanning for content, mmCM will prepare data for webMAN, too (NTFS info, images and param.sfo)
* Upon launch, mM/mmCM will rescan your games and will cache images and other files
* Small change to make mM "title_id" independent (in case you change it from the default BLES80608)
* Downloading mM/mmCM updates is now "title"/"name" independent
* In mmCM mode in HOME column you now have "Scan connected NTFS USB drives" option. In case you didn't connect the drive before launching mmCM you can use this option to refresh content from NTFS drives.
! For COBRA7 compatible firmwares (CEX version only):
* Added support for PS3 games in ISO format from NTFS drives (/PS3ISO folder)
* Added support for PS1 games in ISO/BIN+CUE format from NTFS drives (/PSXISO folder)
* Added support for Blu-ray movies in ISO format from NTFS drives (/BDISO folder)
* Added support for DVD video in ISO format from NTFS drives (/DVDISO folder)
The only requirement is to have your NTFS formatted USB HDD connected to your PS3 when you start multiMAN.
* Added proper detection of COBRA7 firmwares (4.46-4.53)
* Added "Check for updates" for local PS3 games in ISO format
* Added check when loading local/network PS3 games in ISO format if installed game update requires higher firmware version and fixes sprx/self/eboot files
* Added support for 4.53 CEX CFW (tested)
* Fixed covers/backgrounds for network PS3 games in JB/folder format
* Added spoof to version 4.53 (COBRA7 firmwares only)
On Cobra7 compatible firmwares - make sure to delete mM's USRDIR/cache folder (if you want to get PIC1.PNG covers for network JB/folder games).
Network (/net_host#/***PS3***/) games now show ICON0.PNG, PIC1.PNG and a cover if available.
* Added support for loading network games in JB/FOLDER format using ps3netsrv
To use network servers you must add them in mM/mmCM in Settings ("Network Servers") and have ps3netsrv running on your PC to share the drive/folder with your games/iso/videos/etc.
* Added support for 4.50 DEX CFW
* Added support for 4.46 Cobra/Rogero CFW
* Added "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN" option in HOME column
* In Cobra/mmCM mode all functions are operational (tested)
* Added support for 4.41 DEX CFW
* Added Korean language (big thanks to Joonie86) and updated Romanian
* Added support for lastGAME 8.0 [SingStar]
* mM will display the IDPS from NOR/NAND (EID0) and from LV2 memory (spoofed/real) in "System Information"
* Fixed lastGAME support for external/usb games with bd-mirror setting
If you use lastGAME 8.0 [SingStar] version (available also in the WEB column of multiMAN) you can take advantage of REMOVING the Singstar app from your ps3 and also have quick access to the last game you loaded with multiMAN.
lastGAME 8.0 support bd-mirror settings, so it is 100% compatible with all games that multiMAN supports. multiMAN (standard/stealth) is required to be installed to use bd-mirror with lastGAME 8.0.
* Supports ODDE MCU 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and later
* Supports downloading game covers
* Supports downloading themes
* Includes Showtime for mM 04.03.536 by Andreas Oman (so no need for separate ISO and reset/eject/reload)
* Changed exitspawn method (thanks to kakaroto for the suggestion) - that means that now RetroArch or other apps can be seamlessly integrated again with mM on OFW + ODDE
* Added Croatian (Hrvatski) language - translation by Robi666
* Added Slovak (Slovenčina) language - translation by lubek76
* Updated Czech (Čeština) language - translation by varinek and Mutagen
* Fixed some issues with downloading covers/updates
Now multiMAN supports 34 languages.
multiMAN ver 04.46.03 STEALTH (20130908).zip (38.56MB)
(Install report_data.txt file with deanK’s installPKG by placing the file on the root of the memory stick and PRESS START to install it)
* Added support for 4.46DEX (REX)
* Added support for 4.46 CFW
* Fixed "Change BD-Movie Region" for 4.41CFW
multiMAN 04.40.00 (06-02-2013):
* New server for covers/themes/webcolumn/game-updates
multiMAN 04.40.00 (05-03-2013):
* Updated Showtime for mM to 04.03.211
* Updated PS1 Emulator (ps1_emu.self) to 4.41 (it will be used on 4.40 and 4.41 CFWs)
* Updated PS1_NET Emulator (ps1_netemu.self) to 4.41 (it will be used on 4.40 and 4.41 CFWs)
Now mM will use ps1_emu/ps1_netemu from 4.41OFW (patched of course) when launching PS1 ISO/BIN+CUE backups if your PS3 is running 4.40CFW/4.41CFW. I didn't change the mM version, but if you wish better PS1 backups compatibility and newer Showtime - update to this BASE version.
You can install this version either from scratch or update any installed mM version.
multiMAN 04.40.00 (05-02-2013):
* Added support for 4.41 CFW
All specific features (like BD Movie region Change, BD-Mirror, DYNAREC, PS1 BIN+ISO backups, PS2 Classics, discless, etc) work.
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE CEX (20130502).pkg (37MB)
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE DEX (20130502).pkg (32MB)
* multiMAN ver 04.40.00 BASE STEALTH (20130502).zip (35MB)
multiMAN 04.30.00 (03-31-2013) [Test Update]:
* Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usb***/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
* Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
* Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
* Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (source code provided in the ps2classics.rar below)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)
4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is not updated with this test build.
Changes in ps2classic source code:
* Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
* Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
* Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
* Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
multiMAN 04.30.00 (03-24-2013):
You need "PS2 Classics Placeholder" (by CaptainCPS-X) installed [and activated] and your ps2 classics in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO as subfolders. If you don't have memory-cards, mM will create them for you under SAVEDATA subfolder in the game folder.
Use the following structure format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game (simple naming format - no cover download)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded covers)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
or even better, the recommended format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003 (mM will use the gameID and will download the cover if available)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded cover)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
Basically you only need the ISO.BIN.ENC and nothing else:
and mM will show "MyPS2Classic" disc icon in the RETRO column. If you name your folder with the game-id, mM will download the cover. If you put "COVER.JPG" next to the iso, mM will use it instead. That's it.